No matter what Mitt Romney does from here to election day he can no longer be seen as a center (middle of the road) politician. When he picked Paul Ryan as his running mate he locked himself into the Tea Party Brand.
If you were going to write the ads for the Tea Party from what we already know about this group they would look something like this:
Vote For Tea Party Candidates if you want:
- No EPA (Environment Protection Agency)
- No Department of Education
- Small or No Government
- Vouchers for Schools (making privatized schools...better for the rich folk)
- Vouchers for Medicare (making it less affordable for seniors)
- Cutting Social Security (and letting private for profit business control your safety net)
- No Tax Increases Ever (they will stick with the Grover Norquest pledge never to raise taxes!)
- No Abortions (even if a women is raped)
- No Low Cost Health Clinics For Low Income Families (do away with Planned Parenthood)
- Making it Harder for the Elderly and Low Income People to Vote (happening now in some GOP states)
The Republican Party has hated Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare from the day they were started and now instead of tweaking these programs they want to try to kill them. Republicans will fight to never cut military spending (too much profit for corporations in it) but are always ready to jump at the chance to cut programs that help people.
This election should be easy for the American voter in November!
Do you want people to have better lives in America by working together and paying fair taxes, or do you want to vote for the no-tax, no-services, rich-getting-richer, big-corporations-get-it-all candidates?
Do you want to protect our childrens' schools, our elderly, our sick and less fortunate? If you do, then you only have one choice this election and that's voting for President Obama.
Make sure you're registered and don't believe that your vote doesn’t count because it counts more than ever this year!!!